Covid-19 information for students
Update March 24, 2021
As of 15 March 2021, classroom teaching is allowed again. This means that we will teach our classroom trainings on location again from March 15 onwards.
Having said this, we would like to stress the importance of adhering to the corona measures. Please follow the protocol below carefully, to warrant your own safety and that of others:
Prior to the class days:
We urgently ask you not to come to the class day if you:
- Have corona related symptoms. When you have a cold (such as a runny nose, sneezing, sore throat) you should stay at home. Also when you experience coughing, shortness of breath, a fever (above 38 degrees) or sudden loss of smell and/or taste (without nasal congestion).
- Have been in contact with someone who has tested positive for corona within the last 10 days.
- Have been in contact with someone who is currently being tested for corona and has not yet obtained a (negative) test result.
- If one of your housemates or partner/child has corona-related symptoms.
If you cannot join the class day please notify your trainer immediately.
During the class days:
- Please wash your hands upon arrival.
- If you do need to cough or sneeze, please do so into your elbow and not your hands.
- Keep a 1,5 meter distance from others.
- Wear a facemask when moving through the building. When you are seated in the classroom you can take off the facemask.
The teacher has the right to refuse participation in class, and send students home who show signs of illness on/during the day.
Exeption obligation to wear a facemask
There is an exception for people who cannot wear a face mask due to their disability or illness. This applies to both visible and invisible limitations or illnesses. If you cannot wear a face mask, please notify your teacher. This can be done by email prior to the class day, or at the location before the start of the class day. Also notify the manager of the location on arrival that the exception to the rule applies to you. You can read more about the exception (in Dutch) here.
What to do when you have to miss a class day due to corona regulations:
When you are unable to participate in class due to corona symptoms, you will be assigned a buddy from within your group (one of your fellow students), who will practice the exercises from that class day with you afterwards. You will then write a report about this for the teacher. If the teacher assesses this report as sufficient, the class day still counts as a completed class day (due to the 80% attendance requirement). Please note that you can compensate a maximum of 2 class days this way in order to still obtain your diploma.
The teacher will also try to set up a video connection, so you can still attend the class day online when you are not able to participate due to corona. This solution is not guaranteed, but the teacher will certainly do his/her best to arrange this. NB: even when you attend class this way, you will still have to practise with your buddy for this day to count as ‘attended’.
The teacher will explain all this to you further on the first day of class.
Of course we hope that you will all stay healthy, and that you can attend the class days, but these measures are in place to keep the class days safe for everyone and still offer a suitable solution for people who cannot attend.
If you have any questions about this, or when in doubt about participating, please contact your teacher to discuss. If things need to be discussed with us, we will of course be available as well.